ASPEN AND DENVER HAIR RESTORATION WITH PRP
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, approximately 30 million women and 50 million men in the United States have hereditary hair loss. Those figures do not include the millions more who struggle with thinning hair because of stress and other health conditions.
Over the past few years, advances in research and technology have cited Platelet-Rich Plasma as the one of the breakthrough techniques that can battle hair loss effectively and is showing great promise for people suffering from thinning or shedding hair.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
In clinical studies, PRP therapy has verified efficacy in reversing hair loss and generating new hair growth, both by itself and in conjunction with hair transplantation. Because PRP contains numerous growth factors that promote rapid cell growth, PRP revitalizes the area by introducing these growth factors, fueling stem cells in the scalp to produce new cells which then encourage the hair follicles to yield hair again.
PRP THERAPY CAN BE AN EFFECTIVE HAIR RESTORATION TREATMENT FOR HAIR LOSS CAUSED BY:
- Alopecia Areata
- Alopecia Totalis
- Female Pattern Hair Loss
- Hypotrichosis (fine/reduced hairs) of the eyebrows or beard
- Male Pattern Hair Loss
- Metabolic causes of hair loss – iron deficiency/medication
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE?
When used for hair loss, PRP treatment at our clinics in Aspen and Denver involves a blood draw from the arm, then spinning it in a centrifuge until the beneficial platelets collect in a tube. Each session includes a series of PRP injections into the scalp, which is numbed before the procedure and takes about one hour. After the injections, we apply the rest of the plasma topically with a dermaroller. These tiny punctures made by this microneedling device signal the body’s natural healing response to injury and energize the scalp, which further activates the PRP. At the Aspen Institute locations in Aspen and Denver, our PRP treatment for hair loss is performed with 3-4 sessions 4-8 weeks apart to ensure maximum follicle activation.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FOR RESULTS?
Although the effects of our PRP hair restoration treatment in Aspen and Denver does not provide instant gratification or hair growth, most patients will notice a difference after about eight weeks. At first, the new hair is blonde and downy, but over time each hair shaft becomes darker and thicker. New hair growth can be seen as early as 2 months, but is usually more noticeable between 5-8 months. Hair growth will continue to progress up to a year after treatment. To maintain the hair and keep the hair looking young and healthy, we suggest that our patients return once a year for a PRP treatment.
Using PRP treatment for hair restoration in Aspen and Denver can bring substantial results without surgery. At only a fraction of the cost, PRP for hair loss can continue to grow new hair for the long-term.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma in Androgenic Alopecia: Myth or an Effective Tool
- The Effect of Autologous Activated Platelet Rich Plasma (AA-PRP) Injection on Pattern Hair Loss: Clinical and Histomorphometric Evaluation
- Therapeutic efficacy of autologous platelet-rich plasma and polydeoxyribonucleotide on female pattern hair loss.
- Study of platelet-rich plasma injections in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia through a one-year period.
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled, half-head study to evaluate the effects of platelet-rich plasma on alopecia areata.